This is one of my favorite quick recipes for leftover roast chicken meat. It is adapted from a cooking light magazine recipe. It is incredible served on pumpernickel bread – but really any bread will do in a hurry.
Yield: 4 servings (sandwiches)
- Cooked, shredded, chicken – 2 1/2 Cups
- Onion, finely diced – 3 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar – 1 Tablespoon
- Apple cider vingear – 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Lite Mayonnaise – 3 Tablespoons
- Curry Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon or to taste
- Place diced onion in a small non-stick saute pan with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and vinegar.
- Once onion is done, add the sugar and vinegar mixture to the pan and cook about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, lite mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and the onion mixture. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Chill until needed – but it can be consumed immediately if you can’t wait.