Yield: 1 cup
- Garlic Clove, peeled – 1 each
- Basil Leaves, packed – 2 cups
- Pine Nuts – 3 Oz wt
- Parmesan Cheese, grated – 1 Oz wt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 5 fl Oz
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Combine the garlic, basil, pinenuts in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse a few times to blend.
- Add the olive oil in a stream while while the processor is on.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Note: If you are storing the pesto, place it in a small container with a narrow opening to reduce contact with air. Pour a thin layer of olive oil on top to seal and preserve the color. Close tightly and store in refrigerator.
For use ideas see post Pesto and Prosciutto