Servings: 4 side dishes, 2 -3 entrees
- Butter or Vegetable Oil – 2 Oz
- Shallot, small, minced – 1 each
- Arborio Rice – 7 Oz wt
- White Wine – 3 fl Oz
- Chicken Stock – 20 fl Oz
- Water – 20 fl Oz
- Whole Milk (optional) – 2 fl Oz
- Gorgonzola Dolce, crumbled – 2 Oz wt
- Parsley, minced – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
Directions: See “Risotto” entry on 4/02/2008 for tips
- Combine the chicken stock and water in a sauce pan and heat to a simmer, keep hot.
- Heat another heavy saucepan over medium low heat with butter or oil.
- Add the shallot to the oil and saute until soft.
- Add the rice and stir for 2-3 minutes to coat with butter.
- Add the wine to deglaze pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Begin adding the hot water/chicken stock by 4 Oz ladles, stirring constantly, and adding another ladle only when the liquid is almost all absorbed. This can take 20-30 minutes.
- When the risotto is almost cooked, stir in the milk, cheese, and parsley for a minute to heat through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Adjust consistency with liquid as needed.
- Serve hot.